B U T T E R S C O T C H M U F F I N S
I made some muffins today and they turned out great. They’re from the Nigella book my friend let me borrow. You should make them too, they’re so easy to make.
3 very ripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
150g butterscotch (or chocolate) morsels
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin papers.
2. Mash the bananas and set aside for a moment
3. Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs.
4. Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the beaten-egg-and-oil mixture, followed by the mashed bananas.
5. Fold in the butterscotch morsels, then place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin – I use an ice cream scoop and a spatula – and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
* I made half the recipe, so only making 6 muffins *
** I couldn’t find butterscotch morsels so i used caramel bits instead **