Juliet Sulejmani | 11 April 2017
The ultimate collaborators, Comme des Garcons and Supreme, have come together once again to produce an eye catching Spring 2017 collection for Comme des Garconcs Shirts.
For those in the know, these two brands have been collaborating together since early 2012, typically creating capsule collections for Comme des Garcons SHIRT label. Rumours had been flying around about the collab ever since a leak of Supreme’s iconic Box Logo (Bogo) surfaced in March, which appeared to be folded and stamped with the CDG logo over the top.
The bogo seen on the tee and hoodie in the collection do show a resemblance to the leak. The ‘Supreme’ logo is flipped backwards with ‘Comme des Garcons SHIRT’ on top of it in blue and appears to be folded and creased. A possible reference for the inspiration fof the look of the new bogo may have come from the 2010 ads Stephen J. Shanabrook created for Comme des Garcons.Comme des Garcons and Supreme have both teased the collaboration on their websites and it looks like the collection consists of:
- a cotton gabardine 3-button suit in two colour-ways, one black and the other in the distinctive black and white eye pattern.
- A lightweight polyurethane Fishtail jacket in black with the logo ‘Comme des Garcons and Supreme in white on the back.
- Short sleeve rayon shirts, with the eye print and in three colourways: white, pastel pink and pastel green.
- Hooded sweatshirt in black and white with previously mentioned bogo
- Short sleeve t-shirt in black and white with previously mentioned bogo
- Coin Pouch and wallet, a typical CDG wallet and coin pouch design in two colour ways, white and black and pastel pink and black both in the eye print.
- Nike Air Force 1 Low in white with eye print in black and white running down the side of the shoe.
There is no surprise that they have chosen to work with Nike for their shoe as Comme des Garcons and Nike have been working together a lot lately. They recently released their Air VaporMax sneaker which debuted in the CDG Paris Spring 2017 show. And if you look closely you’ll notice Nike are heavily featured in the CDG recent collections too.
The cleverly designed collection will no doubt be a sellout as there is something that will catch everyones eye. It will be interesting to see who snaps up the 3-button suit as this is a new category for this collaboration, and it will be interesting to see if they will be available to purchase as separates.
The collection will be on sale via Supreme and Comme des Garcons Dover Street Market stores and online on Thursday 14th April, with the exception of the Nike Air Force 1 Low’s which will be on sale in May.